AEG and Voler Team Apparel Announce Amgen Tour of California SponsorshipLOS ANGELES, February 7, 2006 - Voler Team Apparel and AEG today announced Voler Team Apparel as the 2006 official cycling jersey sponsor of the inaugural Amgen Tour of California (UCI 2.1), an internationally sanctioned professional cycling road race to be held throughout California February 19-26, 2006.
Owned and operated by AEG, the race joins the cycling calendar as one of North America's most anticipated sports competitions for 2006. Modeled after the Tour de France, 16 of the world's best cycling teams will send 128 riders to compete for eight days across 600 miles of scenic California roadway as the race makes its way from San Francisco to Redondo Beach, Calif.
In an awards presentation at the conclusion of each daily stage, Voler will provide jerseys to the top athletes in five separate competitions:
- Amgen Overall Race Leader Jersey - Awarded daily to the rider with the lowest cumulative time.
- Clif Bar Sprint Jersey - Given to the rider who accumulates the most bonus points during the week at Sprint Lines, or by finishing in the top 15 places at the finish line of each stage.
- California Travel and Tourism King of the Mountain (KOM) Jersey - Designated for the strongest climber in the race, a cyclist earns this jersey by collecting points at designated KOM locations. Only the top three cyclists who cross the line receive points.
- Union Bank of California Best Young Rider Jersey - This jersey is awarded to the rider under the age of 23 who finishes with the lowest overall cumulative time.
- Adobe Most Aggressive Rider - Given to the rider who is deemed by the jury of commisaires to have been the most active and aggressive rider during the day's stage.
Also beginning January 25, 2006, fans can enter to win the "Voler--Be a Part of Cycling History" Contest. Voler will award five winners an autographed jersey from the winner in each of the five competitions. Entries can be made at www.velowear.com.
"We wanted to make this inaugural event extremely memorable for everyone watching the race" said Jim Helser, Voler national sales manager. "We wanted a way for others to keep a piece of cycling history, and with the help of AEG, we created the 'Voler--Be a Part of Cycling History' contest."
To purchase a jersey, please visit the following websites: www.amgentourofcalifornia.com, www.voler.com, or www.velowear.com. Voler also will have a consumer booth each day of the race at the rolling Lifestyle Festival which is housed in each finish city.
About Voler Team Apparel and Velowear.com:A division of Deyo, Inc., Voler Team Apparel is one of the nations leading manufacturers of Cycling Clothing. For the past 20 years Voler Team Apparel has been producing clothing in their California factory for thousands of cycling teams, club and events as well as producing clothing for other companies including Fortune 500's.
Velowear.com, also a division of Deyo, Inc., is a Direct to Consumer online company that exclusively sells and distributes Voler branded clothing to the retail market.