No. 154 - Charles Dionne
|Team: Team Colavita/Sutter Home |
DOB: 3/15/1979 | Age: 27
Hometown: Quebec, Canada
Height: 5' 7 | Weight: 141
Pro Since: 2003
Career SummaryTwo time winner of the prestigious T-Mobile International Grand Prix in San Francisco, Canadian talent Charles Dionne hopes to come to California in top form after recovering from surgery to his left hip in October, 2006. He is a strong finisher and could play a role in a couple of breakaways on his way to a stage win or the Most Aggressive designation. He has raced in several European classic including Tour des Flanders, Gent-Wevelgem and Paris Roubaix.
Events07 Amgen Tour of California
06 Amgen Tour of California
06 Tour de Georgia
05 Tour de Georgia
- 2006 hampered by and recovering from surgery to an external endofibrosis of the iliac artery in his left hip.
- 2005 1st Canadian National Criterium Champion, 1st Quebec Road Championships; 2nd Road Race, Pan American Games; 4th Road Race, 3rd Criterium, Cenral Valley Classic; 2nd Road Race, 4th Criterium San Dimas Classic; stage win GP de Beauce
- 2004 1st T-Mobile International; 1st Points overall and 3rd overall, Sea Otter Classic; 1st stage 4 Redlands; 1st stage 2 and 3rd overall Tour of Wellington; 1st stage 3 Tour de Beauce; 2nd overall and 2nd stages 3 and 5 Tour of Connecticut; 3rd stage 5 Tour of Georgia; 3rd stage 6 Cascade Classic
- 2002 1st T-Mobile International beating Lance Armstrong, won the Best Performance of the Year by The Canadian Cyclist and the Quebecois Athlete of the Year
- 2001 Canadian National Espoir Road and individual time trial Champion