No. 157 - David McCann
|Team: Team Colavita/Sutter Home |
DOB: 3/17/1973 | Age: 33
Hometown: Belfast, Ireland
Height: 6' 2 | Weight: 170
Pro Since: 2001
Specialty: All Around, Time Trialist
Career SummaryFive-time Irish national champion David McCann had a very successful year in 2006 and was Ireland's most consistent performer. He won the overall of the Tour of Indonesia, took the Irish national road race championship, and won stages in both the Tour of Thailand and Tour Qinghai Lake.
The former Olympian also finished second in time trials at both the Herald Sun Tour and the Tour de Langkawi, and finished third overall in the Sun Tour. He wrapped up his season finishing fourth overall in the UCI Asia Tour and ninth overall in the Oceania Continental Tour.
New to Colavita/Sutter Home, McCann hopes to make his mark on the North American cycling scene with a strong debut in California.
Events07 Amgen Tour of California
- 2006 1st Irish National Road Race Championships; 1st stages 1 and 4 Tour of Thailand; 1st stage 5 Tour of Qinghai Lake; 1st stage 3 Tour of Azerbaijan; 1st overall Tour of Indonesia; 3rd overall and 2nd stage 6 individual time trial Herald Sun Tour; 2nd stage 8 individual time trial Tour de Langkawi
- 2005 1st 1st Irish National Time Trial Championships; 1st Northern Ireland 25-mile Time Trial Championships; 1st overall and 1st stage 3 Tour of Ulster; 1st overall and stage 2 Tour of Korea; 1st overall and stage 1 Tour of Milad du Nour; 1st stage 2 Tour d'Indonesia; 2nd overall Tour of Siam; 1st stage 6 and 3rd overall Herald Sun Tour
- 2004 1st overall and stage 7 FBD Insurance Ras; 1st stages 1 and 2 Tour of Korea
- 2003 1st Ballyboghal Road Race; 1st Moira-Nutts Corner Race
- 2002 1st Irish National Road Race Championships; 1st Isle of Man Manx International Road Race
- 2001 1st Elite Irish National Road Race Championships; 1st stage 1, overall FBD Insurance Ras; 1st overall and stages 1, 3, 5 Tour de Hokkaido
- 2000 1st Elite Irish National Road Race Championships; 2nd Archer International GP