No. 081 - Chris Horner
|Team: Team Predictor-Lotto |
DOB: 10/23/1971 | Age: 35
Hometown: San Diego, CA
Hobbies: Family, motor-cross, hiking
Pro Since: 1997
NRC Rank: 92nd
& Points: 144
UCI Rank: 78th
& Points: 31
Specialty: All Around
Career SummaryChris Horner has won practically ever major US race at some point and he has finished first in the overall National Racing Calendar standings three years in a row (from 2002-2004). His two biggest wins are the Tour of Georgia in 2003 and the Tour of Langkawi in 2000. The US national road championships are the one race that has eluded Horner with his best finish being third in 2005. He came close to a Tour de France stage win in 2005, but unable to motivate his breakaway companion Sylvain Chavanel, the two were caught at the finish by a charging peloton.
Horner will be looking to improve on his second and third place stage finishes in the 2006 Amgen Tour of California.
Events07 Amgen Tour of California
06 Amgen Tour of California
04 Tour de Georgia
03 Tour de Georgia
- 2006 1st stage 2 Tour of Romandy; 2nd stage 2, 3rd stage 5 Amgen Tour of California; 9th Paris-Nice
- 2005 1st stage 6 Tour of Switzerland; 3rd USPro Championships; 9th stage 8 Tour de France
- 2004 3rd overall Tour of Georgia; 1st overall Redlands Classic; 1st Sea Otter Classic
- 2003 1st overall Tour of Georgia; 1st overall Redlands Classic; 1st T-Mobile International
- 2002 1st Fitchburg Longsjo Classic; 1st overall Redlands Classic; 1st Sea Otter Classic
- 2000 1st Tour of Langkawi; 1st overall Redlands Classic
- 1996 stage win Tour DuPont Has finished first overall in the National Racing Calendar standings in 2002, 2003, 2004.