2016 L'Etape California Results are Online
Ride the critical Queen Stage from Thousand Oaks to the Gibraltar Road Summit Finish in Santa Barbara County! On April 24, 2016 fans from around the world will have the opportunity to ride Stage 3 of the Amgen Tour of California 3 weeks before the pros at the 6th edition of L'Etape California. In 2015, fans had the opportunity to ride the iconic Mt. Baldy climb and this year the ride will feature a first time climb up the recently resurfaced Gibraltar Road which provides spectacular 180 degree views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean throughout the 10 kilometer climb which averages 8% grade.
The point-to-point ride will begin in Thousand Oaks, home to race title sponsor Amgen. From there, the riders will descend the famous Mulholland Highway to Pacific Coast Highway for a scenic tour of the Santa Monica Mountain range before cruising to the strawberry fields of Oxnard. The route will pass through the classic California surf town of Ventura along the coast before beginning the challenging part of the ride which features many rolling hills in the approach to the finish climb on Gibraltar Road. On the ride up to the summit, riders will experience spectacular 180-degree views of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean throughout the 10 kilometers which ascent at an average grade of 8%. Participants can join Voigt in shouting his classic mantra “Shut Up Legs” during the toughest moments of the ride.
Just like 2015, fan-favorite professional rider Jens Voigt, finisher of 17 Tour de France races, will be a Race Ambassador of the 2016 Amgen Tour of California. In his role, he invites all fans to accept the challenge of riding this unique point to point course while shouting his classic mantra "Shut Up Legs" during the day's toughest moments. Also participating will be 4-time U.S. National Road Race Champion Freddie Rodriguez, a new ambassador for the 2016 race. In previous years we've seen team staff and professionals training locally tackle the L'Etape California course as specific preparation for the race.
- $110 Early, through 7:00 PM PST, January 22, 2016
- $120 Regular, through 7:00 PM PST, March 24, 2016
- $130 Late, March 25 through 12:00 PM PST, April 21, 2016 (Online registration closes)
- $140 On-site
- $35 Shuttle Ride from Santa Barbara to Thousand Oaks (4/23)
- $35 Shuttle Ride from Santa Barbara to Thousand Oaks (4/24, includes bike transport)
- $80 Cycling Jersey
- Official Training Camp with Carmichael Training Systems
- Unique point-to-point ride on the official Queen Stage of the 2016 Amgen Tour of California
- L'Etape California t-shirt
- Food/Hydration/Mechanical Support approximately every 20 miles
- Commemorative Amgen Tour of California bag and one-way bag transport from start to finish
- Finisher keepsake (bottle, mug, etc)
- Timed Gibraltar Road climb and prizes for categories (including VIP passes to an Amgen Tour of California stage)
- Photography at iconic locations of the course
- Post-ride meal at the beach in Santa Barbara
- Coordinated and affordable transportation options
2016 RIDER SHIRT. REGISTER EARLY TO GUARANTEE YOUR SIZE!
Riders will be required to reach the bottom of Gibraltar Road by 5:00PM to allow sufficient time to safely descend back to the start (Approximately 9 miles per hour / 14 kilometers per hour average through 86 miles). The post-race meal runs until sunset at 7:30 PM.
***If you are having a bad day, there will be an turnoff option to ride directly to the finish area at mile 84. This removes the final climb up Gibraltar Road and is a flat ride of approximately 5 miles, making your total mileage 89 miles instead of 105. Meals will be available to all riders but those taking the short route will miss the photo opportunity on the mountain climb.
- L'Etape Home
- 2016 Results
- Confirm Your Registration (opens in a new window)
- Shuttle/Edit Registration (opens in a new window)
- Training Camp (opens in a new window)
- Download Athlete Guide (opens in a new window)
- Shuttle & Transportation
- Hotel Information
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Shop Merchandise (opens in a new window)
- Contact Us
April 23, 2016
(Registration in Thousand Oaks)
April 24, 2016
(Registration at start line, Ride)
30801 Agoura Road
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Loma Alta and Shoreline Drive
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Santa Barbara beachfront