Spread some cycling cheer this season with exclusive Amgen Tour of California Holiday Offers and VIP Packages
More Than 100 Items Currently On Sale OnlineLOS ANGELES(December 15, 2011) – Just in time for the holiday season, the Amgen Tour of California has released exclusive new holiday offers, perfect for the cycling enthusiast on your holiday list. Starting now, the Amgen Tour of California online store, www.amgentourofcaliforniastore.com, is having its annual Holiday Sale, offering 30% off all official race jerseys, jackets, hats and more. Shoppers can use the discount code “HOLIDAY” at checkout (some restrictions may apply, while supplies last). Featuring more than 100 items, the Amgen Tour of California store is a one-stop-shop for cycling fans of all ages.
Additionally, now through December 31, 2011, with the exclusive Amgen Tour of California VIP Experience Holiday Offer, enthusiasts will receive a team signed jersey* with any purchase of any VIP Experience or pair of VIP Hospitality Passes. (*Offer valid while supplies last. Limited quantity available. Limit one per order. Specific team or rider signature not guaranteed. Signed jersey is from the 2010 or 2011 race.)
Offering the most exclusive race experience around, the Amgen Tour of California has five VIP Experiences, including:
- VIP Car Ride*: A one-of-a-kind experience riding an entire stage of the 2012 race in the official support car, which follows the race. Experience also includes VIP Hospitality Passes for both the start and finish cities, and an official leader jersey and hat. Prices: $2,000 Summits/$1,500/$1,000 for Time Trial
*Waiting List for VIP Car Ride during Stages 1 & 7
- Time Trial Ride*: The opportunity for amateur riders to race in the official time trial circuit hours before the professionals take the course. Experience includes: breakfast; photo at start and finish of circuit; and a full course escort. Also includes use of official bike sponsor equipment** (bike, wheels and helmet). Price: $1,000
*Only available in Bakersfield, Host City of Stage 5, the Individual Time Trial
**Based on availability
- Time Trial Experience Package: This exclusive package includes: hotel accommodations for one night; a VIP car ride; VIP hospitality pass; access to the official post-stage press conference with stage winner; and an official Amgen Tour of California leader jersey and hat. A package upgrade with the addition of the Time Trial Ride is available. Price: $1,850 ($500 for the package upgrade)
- Finish Line Package: The most exclusive “behind the scenes” VIP Experience with access to the official media compound, green room and press conference. Additionally, recipients will receive one VIP Hospitality Pass, available for any stage of the race. The package includes: one VIP Hospitality Pass; media compound tour; green room access to watch awards presentation backstage; access to the official post-stage press conference with stage winner; and an official Amgen Tour of California leader jersey and hat. Price: $1,000
- Amgen Tour of California VIP Hospitality Passes: The Official Amgen Tour of California VIP Hospitality Tent is located at the finish line of each stage of the race. Individual VIP Hospitality Passes are available to purchase for each start and finish city suite. Share this experience with other cycling enthusiasts and watch live race feeds on flat screen monitors while enjoying food and beverages.
- Start City VIP Hospitality Pass (located at the start line of each stage) includes continental breakfast with a coffee/juice bar. Price: $200 per pass
- Finish City VIP Hospitality Pass includes gourmet catering, offering hot and cold hors d'oeuvres and a dessert selection, along with beer, wine, soft drinks and coffee. This experience also includes a tour of the media compound. Price: $250 -$275 per pass (depending on stage)
About the Amgen Tour of CaliforniaThe largest cycling event in America, the 2012 Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race, presented by AEG, that challenges the world’s top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course from May 13-20, 2012.
About AEGAEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, The Home Depot Center, Sprint Center, The O2, NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE and NOKIA Theatre Times Square; sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), two Major League Soccer franchises, two hockey franchises operated in Europe, management of privately held shares of the Los Angeles Lakers, the ING Bay to Breakers foot race and the Amgen Tour of California cycling road race; AEG LIVE, the organization’s live-entertainment division, is a collection of companies dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance, touring and a variety of programming and multi-media production. For more information, visit AEG today at www.aegworldwide.com.
Media Contacts:Michael Roth, AEG
Erin Barrier, GolinHarris