2014 Amgen Tour of California Media Credential Application Now Available
Published on Feb 26, 2014
The media credential application is now available online. Applications to be considered for media credentials and/or a photo moto can be found on the media resources page on the tour website.
The media credential application for the 2014 Amgen Tour of California is now available online. Applications to be considered for media credentials and/or a photo moto for the 2014 Amgen Tour of California can be found on the media resources page on the tour website. A completed media credential application does not guarantee access and confirmations will be issued via email.
- Freelancers must submit an assignment letter issued by the news organization they are representing to email@example.com in addition to filling out the online application form. Only freelancers with a valid letter of assignment will be considered for media credentials.
- Credential applications will be reviewed and confirmations will be issued via email. Credentials will be distributed at the start and finish lines of each stage and CANNOT BE MAILED. Press room locations will be posted in the media resources section at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com in May.
- All photography and video footage is to be used exclusively as news coverage. Photography and video footage gathered for commercial use must be sub-licensed through the race’s organizers, AEG. Any photography or video footage used in a commercial way without prior approval will be subject to penalties, enforced through legal or arbitration means.
- Placement in media vans is at the discretion of race organizers and will be determined on-site.
- Photo Motos: As photo motos are very limited, not all requests can be granted. A separate application, which can also be found at the link below, must be completed to be considered for a photo moto. For those who are approved to utilize a photo moto, a daily fee of $250 per moto, per day will be assessed, which includes a driver. A valid credit card number must be entered once the application has been approved. All approved applications will be charged an initial refundable deposit of $250, which will be credited to cover the first day of use. Additional charges will be assessed throughout race week. Each photographer will be required to provide his or her own helmet and appropriate riding gear.
About the Amgen Tour of California
The Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race created and presented by AEG that challenges the world’s top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course that traverses hundreds of miles of California’s iconic highways, byways and coastlines each spring. The teams chosen to participate have included Olympic medalists, Tour de France contenders and World Champions. More information is available at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high-unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be the world’s largest independent biotechnology company, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential. For more information, visit www.amgen.com and follow us on www.twitter.com/amgen.
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, StubHub Center, Sprint Center, The O2, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE and Best Buy Theater Times Square; sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL), two Major League Soccer franchises, two hockey franchises operated in Europe, management of privately held shares of the Los Angeles Lakers and the Amgen Tour of California cycling road race; AEG Live, the organization’s live-entertainment division, is a collection of companies dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance, touring and a variety of programming and multi-media production. For more information, visit AEG today at www.aegworldwide.com.
# # #
Diana Valdez, GolinHarris