AMGEN TOUR OF CALIFORNIA PROVIDES FANS EXCLUSIVE EXPERIENCES THROUGH UNIQUE VIP PACKAGES AND LIFESTYLE FESTIVAL
Published on Apr 22, 2015
Special VIP Package Available for Meet and Greet with Amgen Tour of California Ambassador Jens Voigt
LOS ANGELES (April 22, 2015) - At each stage of the 2015 Amgen Tour of California, cycling fans will have unique and unprecedented opportunities to immerse themselves in the world of cycling with special VIP Experiences. Each experience will bring them closer to the action as the world's most talented and decorated men and women cyclists compete May 8-17 over the state's most stunning and recognizable roadways, highways and coastline drives.
In addition to the popular "personalized" VIP Experiences, thousands more fans will have the opportunity to be treated like VIPs at the race's popular Lifestyle Festival held adjacent to the finish line each day. Designed to provide healthy lifestyle and cycling-related experiences, the Lifestyle Festival is a great event that provides a day of entertainment and fun for the whole family. Traveling to a new host city each day, the Lifestyle Festival serves as the central hub for fans to interact with more than 40 exhibitors and other enthusiasts as they wait for the cyclists to cross the finish line. The daylong festival will feature cycling products and demos, cancer awareness education, family activities, food, entertainment and more. Visitors can congregate among fellow race watchers, take in live music, grab lunch or a beverage in the Michelob Ultra Beer Garden and watch the race live on outdoor video screens.
To raise awareness of two of the world's most serious illnesses and connect with patients, title sponsor Amgen plans to host two booths at the Lifestyle Festival this year.
One booth will highlight Breakaway from Cancer(r), a national initiative to increase awareness of important resources available to people affected by cancer - from prevention through survivorship. Representatives from Amgen's four Breakaway from Cancer nonprofit partners will be on-site, offering information and support for festival-goers who are interested in prevention, facing a new diagnosis, caring for a loved one, or struggling with financial issues. And, Amgen and the nonprofits will be working to build the world's largest cancer support team through an interactive, fun and light-hearted photo booth.
The second Amgen booth will feature information about cardiovascular disease, the leading cause of death in the world. Representatives from the American Heart Association will be on hand to discuss factors affecting heart health such as blood pressure, physical activity, cholesterol, glucose, weight and medications.
For avid cycling fans looking to create the ultimate race-day memory, short of turning pro, you can't get any closer to the action than Amgen Tour of California VIP Experiences. These limited edition hospitality packages are the only way to get on the course and behind the scenes during a stage of America's Greatest Race:
- VIP Car Ride ($1,000 - $2,000): Experience the crowd, the course, the energy and the excitement in an official race vehicle. Ride alongside the peloton for an entire stage of the race and get an up-close view of the riders in action in a way few have done before. Arrive at the finish ahead of the cyclists and watch them cross the finish line from the VIP Hospitality Tent. Participants will receive an official Amgen Tour of California jersey and hat.
- VIP Finish Line Experience ($1,500): Exclusive "Behind the Scenes" access to the official media compound, awards presentation, and post-race press conference. Participants will receive an official Amgen Tour of California jersey and hat.
- Time Trial Ride in Big Bear Lake on May 15 ($1,000): Opportunity to ride official Time Trial Circuit just hours before the pros take the course. Participants will receive VIP Access to the start line hospitality tent with continental breakfast, photo at both Start and Finish of the circuit, and a motorcycle lead out and full course escort.
- Jens Voigt Meet and Greet - Here's your chance to meet Jens Voigt during Race Week! The professional cycling legend and official 2015 Amgen Tour of California Ambassador will be hosting exclusive meet and greets for a limited amount of fans at select stages. To secure this exclusive opportunity, please visit www.amgentourofcalifornia.com. Limited time offer and subject to availability.
- 10th Anniversary VIP Package ($250) - Get ready for Race Week with the 10th Anniversary VIP Package, providing you VIP Access to the Finish line for the stage of your choice. With this package, you'll also receive a 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Jersey, made by Champion System and featuring California-inspired graphics made from exclusive CS Tech fabric for superior comfort and wicking. Purchased separately, this package is valued at $320. Available while supplies last!
For the Women's Race in South Lake Tahoe, special VIP Access and tickets to the Team Presentation and Reception can be purchased here: http://tahoesouth.com/amgentocwomensrace/.
For further information about the Amgen Tour of California and to experience the race like never before with VIP Access, please visit www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/vipaccess.
If you are interested in exhibiting at this year's daily Lifestyle Festival, please visit www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/festival
About the Amgen Tour of California The Amgen Tour of California is a Tour de France-style cycling road race created and presented by AEG that challenges the world's top professional cycling teams to compete along a demanding course that traverses hundreds of miles of California's iconic highways, byways and coastlines each spring. The teams chosen to participate have included Olympic medalists, Tour de France contenders and World Champions. Amgen Tour of California is listed on the international professional cycling calendar (2 HC, meaning "beyond category"), awarding important, world-ranking points to the top finishers. More information is available at www.amgentourofcalifornia.com.
This year, the men's course will traverse more than 700 miles and wind through 13 host cities, including Sacramento, Nevada City, Lodi, San Jose, Pismo Beach, Avila Beach, Santa Barbara, Santa Clarita, Big Bear Lake, Ontario, Mt. Baldy, L.A. LIVE (Downtown Los Angeles) and Pasadena. The women's three-day stage race will travel more than 150 miles through South Lake Tahoe and Sacramento, followed by a 15-mile Invitational Time Trial in Big Bear Lake.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its biologics manufacturing expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Anschutz Company, owns or controls a collection of companies including facilities such as STAPLES Center, StubHub Center, Sprint Center, The O2, Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE and Best Buy Theater Times Square; sports franchises including the Stanley Cup Champion LA Kings (NHL), two Major League Soccer franchises, two hockey franchises operated in Europe, management of privately held shares of the Los Angeles Lakers the Amgen Tour of California cycling road race; AEG Live, the organization's live-entertainment division, is a collection of companies dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance, touring and a variety of programming and multi-media production. For more information, visit AEG today at www.aegworldwide.com.
Michael Roth, AEG
Eileen Tanner, Golin
Diana Valdez, Golin